Favorable opinion of the DSMB and continuation of the Phase II of of DNV3837 in the treatment of Clostridioides difficile infection
◦ Extension of the trial to 5 new centers in Canada
Strengthening of screening and analytical capacities through three complementary calls for projects won by DEINOVE
Signature of a new development contract with Royal DSM
Group net income 2021 of -€7.0M compared to -€7.3M in 2020, mainly thanks to lower operating expenses
◦ Continuation of the operating cost reduction plan with a decrease of 12% decrease in operating expenses (€7.9M vs. €9.0M in 2020), still 83% dedicated to R&D
Group cash position:
◦ Balance of +€3.8M at December 31, 2021, compared to +€2.9M at 31 December 31, 2020
◦ Implementation in September 2021 of a new agreement with the ESGO Fund of notes convertible into new shares
◦ On January 26, 2021, the 3rd tranche of notes convertible into new shares was subscribed by the ESGO Fund, for an amount of €500K
DEINOVE (Euronext Growth Paris: ALDEI), a French biotech company, pioneer in the exploration and exploitation of bacterial biodiversity to address the urgent, global challenge of antibiotic resistance, announces that its Board of Directors has approved the consolidated financial statements for the year 2021.
“2021 is a turning point in the recent history of DEINOVE. On the one hand, the Company continues to expand its research capabilities with the Boost-ID, MicrofluAMR and ATB-Discover projects, which testify both to the recognition of the strategic dimension of the platform but also to the scientific relevance of DEINOVE's approach in building its industrial capabilities. The recruitment of Michael MOUREZ as Chief Innovation Officer is a step forward in the development of new sources of growth for the Company's platform,” commented Dr. Alexis RIDEAU, Chief Executive Officer of DEINOVE. He added, “On the clinical side, the DSMB* has given a positive opinion to pursue the Phase II trial testing DNV3837 in Clostridioides difficile infections. The second part of the trial is ongoing and patient recruitment should be accelerated, notably through the opening of five new sites in Canada and the involvement of Dr. Thomas Louie, Professor of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases at the University of Calgary (Canada) and world authority on C. diff, who will be the principal investigator for the study in Canada.”
* The Data and Safety Monitoring Board (“DSMB”) is an independent group of experts responsible for monitoring the patient safety data of a clinical trial, and when appropriate, balancing it against the efficacy data. It may make recommendations regarding the continuation, modification or discontinuation of the trial.