- New in vitro and clinical efficacy data have been published;
- Sphingomonas hydrophobicum extract, the active substance of Hebelys®, considerably slows down cell senescence, the main cause of intrinsic skin ageing. It also helps to restructure the skin;
- Thanks to its expertise in selecting appropriate biological tests, Greentech has developed an innovative and holistic psychobiological approach to demonstrate original properties.
- Hebelys® is receiving a positive response from the market, which will be strengthened by the presentation of these new proofs of effectiveness;
- The study confirms the interest and great potential of bacterial compounds for natural and effective skin care.
DEINOVE (Euronext Growth Paris: ALDEI), a French biotech company that uses a disruptive approach to develop innovative antibiotics and bio-based active ingredients for cosmetics and nutrition, announces the publication of an article in the August issue of the International Journal of Cosmetic Science on the benefits of the Sphingomonas hydrophobicum extract, the active substance of Hebelys®, a cosmetic ingredient co-developed by DEINOVE and Greentech.
The article, written jointly by Greentech and DEINOVE entitled "Attenuation of negative effects of senescence in human skin using an extract from Sphingomonas hydrophobicum: development of new skin care solution", is available online: https://doi.org/10.1111/ics.12534
It presents results from an in vitro (on reconstructed skin) and clinical study (conducted on 24 women, between 60 and 70 years old, over 56 days). It demonstrates the real effectiveness of Hebelys® and provides concrete suggestions on the mechanism of action of this innovative ingredient. The creative positioning of biological tests, which Greentech is used to, has revealed original properties.
The effect of Sphingomonas hydrophobicum extract has been evaluated on cell senescence and skin isotropy*, and shows that " Sphingomonas extract delays skin ageing process, by reducing significantly cellular senescence, and potentiates the mechanisms for restructuring the skin. At the same time, Sphingomonas extract has a positive influence on self‐esteem and general mood. "
These supplementary efficacy data enrich Hebelys®'s sales arguments, and further boosts the positive dynamic observed since its commercial launch.
"This publication demonstrates the clinical benefits of Sphingomonas hydrophobicum extract, and more generally the interest of bacterial extracts, a natural and effective alternative to the active ingredients marketed today. It also supports the commercial momentum of Hebelys®, distributed by our partner Greentech. This new active, positioned on the promising "positive aging" segment, receives good customer feedback. Several cosmetic brands have already confirmed their interest and ordered samples for integration into their formulations," says Coralie MARTIN, Marketing Manager at DEINOVE.
* Isotropy refers to the mechanical properties of skin tissue.