DEINOVE is a biotech company that discovers, develops and produces compounds with high added value by exploiting the potential of its library of 6,000 rare bacteria, notably of the Deinococcus genus.
DEINOVE’s science is based on the discoveries made by Prof. Miroslav Radman, who brought to light the genetic mechanisms behind the extraordinary resilience and biodiversity of Deinococci. DEINOVE has developed an exclusive platform for screening and genetic, metabolic and fermentation engineering, capable of transforming these microorganisms into veritable bacterial "micro-factories" for industrial and medical purpose.
By combining its biological assets and its metabolic engineering technology, DEINOVE seeks to find new, high added value solutions in three main fields of application:
- Healthcare, with research and development on new antibiotics meeting a major medical need and exploiting the therapeutic properties of other compounds such as carotenoids, which can be of useful in the fields of inflammation, skin problems, etc.
- Nutrition, with the development of molecules with dyeing, antioxidant or nutritional properties, etc., that are of interest for the human diet and animal feed.
- Cosmetics and skincare products, with antioxidant and antiaging molecules, texturizing agents, etc.
DEINOVE is counting on the first profits from its technology to come in by the year 2018.
- Worldwide pioneer in Deinotechnologies
- Founded in 2006 by Dr. Philippe Pouletty (Truffle Capital) and Prof. Miroslav Radman (Paris Descartes University Medical School)
- Fields of application: Healthcare, Nutrition and Cosmetics
- Key technologies: genetic, metabolic and fermentation engineering and industrial process engineering
- Academic and industrial partners: : CNRS, Institut Necker-Université Paris Descartes, INSA (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées) de Toulouse, INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France), TWB (Toulouse White Biotechnology), Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Avril (France), Flint Hills Resources (USA), DEINOBIOTICS (a DEINOVE subsidiary)
- Intellectual property: 170 international patents
- Listed on the NYSE Alternext Paris Stock Exchange since April 2010 (ALDEI)
- Headquarters and Laboratories: Cap Sigma / ZAC Euromédecine II Montpellier, France
- Staff: approximately 50 employees